Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pity Party of 1, your table is ready!

Yes, I'm unloading some frustrations.

So the other day a group of us are sitting in the living room of my friend's house and someone asks us all what our dream jobs would be. It surprised me that, with as much thought as I have given this very question, I couldn't articulate any kind of answer.

What is a dream job anyway? I don't really want a job. I want to do things that make me happy. And have someone pay me to do these things. So Rebecca, what makes you happy?

~ Documenting life through photography & scrapbooking
~ Making/sending cards to encourage others
~ Caring for my nest and my family (cooking, cleaning, organizing, decorating)
~ Creating wonderful memories for Brooklyn
~ Reaching out to others
~ Reading
~ Get healthy

What is keeping me from doing these things?

Two inversely proportional factors: time & space.

I don't have time because I work 40+ hours a week. I don't have space because we live in 1000 square foot condo that holds 2000 square feet of life.

If I fix the time issue (quit my job) then the space issue will never be resolved (a bigger house means two incomes.)

And it is frustrating because I see a bunch of other people doing more with less. And I don't know how to get there from here.

*grumpy face*

No comments: