Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Woohoo...Cooking at home!!

I cannot believe how much I love all things domestic. If you had asked me 10 years ago, I'd have laughed myself into a coma.

So tonight I made a fierce meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. The baby even ate the meatloaf - green peppers & onions and all.

If you are interested in a tasty recipe for meatloaf, I used the one from Mrs. Wilke's Boardinghouse Cookbook.

2 lbs ground chuck
2 eggs
3/4 minced onion
1/4 minced green pepper
2 cups crushed cornflakes
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp mustard
1/4 milk
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 container of sauteed sliced mushrooms (I added these)

Lightly beat the eggs. Mix in all the rest.

*Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

*This makes a huge lump of meat that did not cook thoroughly in my oven. Next time I will cook it for 70 minutes or make two smaller loaves.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Happy eats!

No comments: