Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Viva Las Vegas.

My vacation was great. Here is a photo recap of all the merriment.


Tiffany picked me up at 5:00am in the pouring rain on Friday, so I was too tired to be sad that I didn't get to see Brooklyn and say goodbye before we left. Getting through OIA security was no problem at all...no naked scanners, no junk touching. It was the same experience as it has always been. Thank goodness. I love when you expect the worst but get the best.

The flight over was nice - got upgraded to business class for the first leg. Hello leg room!


I also took some pics of the grand canyon as we flew over. Yes, my camera lens...uh...ROCKS! (pssst, I have the best husband ever...he buys me lenses even when I don't ask for them or know that I even want them.)


We were met with champagne, roses and a stretch limo




to take us to the hotel. We traveled like the princesses we are!!!




Tiff and I saw a show (Le Reve)



toured the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop
(of Pawn Stars fame...no, we didn't see Chumlee. Dang it.)




gambled (I won some major loot!), got dressed up




ate some really good food at a french resturant in our hotel (Andre's) where I found the definition of yum....


Veal tenderloin with baked foie gras




and Grand Marnier souffle. Caution: This WILL make you slap yo momma.





some so-so food (In & Out Burger - I reeeeally don't get what all the fuss is about. It's a hamburger, people!):






El Diablo Cantina (where the margarita's make you silly!)






had some delightful cupcakes from The Cupcakery in our hotel:




We hung out with some of the natives:





and walked through many of the fancy hotels. Check out this chocolate fountain!?! For realz it starts up in the ceiling...




And these crazy cakes!











And we visited an ice bar aptly name Minus 5. (Get it? Minus 5 degrees is how frickin cold it was.)



MGM Grand stuck out to me as a potential vacation spot when I come back with my family. I mean really...who has a lion exhibit in the middle of their lobby? Only the cool people, that's who.



Speaking of cool people, I did miss John so badly. I want him to be a part of every fun and exciting thing I do. Of course I missed Brooklyn too. Thankfully John sent me many pictures and text updates of her to keep me from going crazy.

The flight home was Les Miserables. At this point in your vacation you are DONE with the anticipation and just want to be home. Not to mention AirTran seats feel like they are literally shrinking around you in flight.

Vacations are always a blast, but when I walked through the door of our apartment to John's waiting arms, I cried because I realized how deeply I missed my family. The arrangement of roses he had for me was icing on the cake.



PS I made a little promise to myself to never vacation without them again. After all, I didn't get married and have a family to go solo. In fact, I took today off to spend some time with my daughter.

No comments: