Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update

I haven't had anything profound to put on the blog lately. Sorry. =(

So here's an update. I'm still feeling great. I thought I was starting to show a couple of weeks ago because my pants were tight one day but they were straight out of the dryer. Nothing else has been snug since. I'm still wearing a size smaller than when I started out on this journey. So yeah, no bump yet. But I keep checking and expect one morning to wake up and be HUGE.

I haven't felt any movement or flutterings or anything yet. It's a bummer because I'm really looking forward to that part of it making it real to me. I still forget I'm preg sometimes.

I had my 18 week appointment last Friday, March 20th. Mom went with me and recorded the heart beat. Doc found it much easier this time. Yep, our only link to the world inside. One day soon enough I'll get to know that heartbeat out here in the world.

I was just thinking this morning about how I'm kind of scared to learn the gender next week. Right now we can imagine life either way....the pros & cons of either gender but next week it will be fo sho one way or the other.

Still tearing up the 2nd bedroom to make room for Bean. We are putting bamboo floors down and have so much to do before even getting to that point. So right now all my scrap stuff is out in the dining room surrounding the kitchen table. I hate living with my house in shambles but it's all we can do right now. And it will be put back together soon enough. I can imagine how great this room will look once all the work is finished.

Lately my thoughts have been "Oh crap, we are having a baby and am I really ready for this???" It's not that I think it will be hard or anything. It's just such a vast unknown. Yeah, and I guess a little bit scary. Pray for my mind, if you have a quick minute or two.

I may not post again until April 3rd when we learn the gender. Unless something cool happens like I feel a kick or my baby belly explodes onto the scene.

Thanks for following along!

No comments: