Thursday, April 23, 2009

Babies & Blessings

I have a coworker who's wife had their first baby almost a month ago. His wife offered to give me her maternity clothing. Yay! Heck yes I'll take them. So when we go over to their house this week, we also get to meet their new baby. Can I just say WOW I didn't know babies could be THAT cute??? I held little Allison for like 20 minutes, successfully switching arms without help when she got too heavy. And I didn't even mind that she drooled on me a little bit, which is HUGE for me. I don't really like any of the 'moisture' that comes from babies, yet I prevailed.

She was just so adorable and squeaky. The facial expressions she'd make when she yawned contained a lethal dose of cuteness. John and I couldn't stop watching every little twitch or flinch. As I looked at her I thought "I still can't believe we are getting one of these!" I do feel bad though for being a baby hog because I didn't even ask John if he wanted to hold her. He told me later that he did in fact want to hold her too. Babies just make you want to kiss them all over their little faces and not share. I suppose the sharing part is something I'll have to rememdy when Bean comes along. =)

We had a nice time visiting and I got several great tops & pants.

Thank you God for putting people in our life and using them to bless us!

No comments: