Tuesday, April 14, 2009

20 1/2 weeks and so thankful

So Bean is kicking more emphatically now. I've noticed a pattern with her (wow I'm still on cloud nine about getting to call her a 'her') and look forward to her "Good morning, Mommy!" kicks just as I'm getting out of bed. One morning she kicked so hard John and I could see my belly jump. I took John's hand and pressed it into my stomach. He was able to feel the kicks himself! I was so happy for him to be able to experience that.

You know, I am so blessed that I can barely stand it. I think about how much this baby is already loved by us, our family, and our friends - both local friends and cyber friends. I think about the things we want to teach her and do with her, how her life will be different and better than many aspects of my own childhood. Not that mine was bad, but having two loving parents to raise you has to be better than having only one. Then I think about how freely God has provided comfort to me throughout this pregnancy. I am so grateful, so humbled...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh yay, it's so cool that John can feel her now. Isn't it the best watching your tummy move and bump about!! I'm so thrilled for you both!