Friday, April 17, 2009

Body & Nest Progress

I still feel great. A little bit guilty for not exercising or doing some type of activity a little every day. Is typing or holding down my office chair count as exercise? But I'm not guilt ridden enough to do anything about it. I did go to the pool the other day but the water was so cold that all I was able to do in 30 minutes was ease my way in (15 minutes) then flail around a bit to keep from freezing (10 minutes) then get out and dry off so Bean could thaw out (5 minutes). I'm SURE that did some good, right?

So I wore my new preggy pants today. And my shoes definitely fit more snuggly. Not 'snuggly' in a cute baby bear kind of way but 'snuggly' in a "Wow I can't believe I stuffed these marshmellow feet into anything less than Ronald McDonald shoes!" I don't have full on foot swell yet, but my ankles just googled the driving directions to Cankle Town so it shouldn't be long.

I don't mind it though. Like I told my buddy Lisa...it goes with being pregnant and I appreciate everything that has or is or will happen. I can't be all "Hey I'd like a baby" and expect to skip the stuff that goes along with growing a baby. And if slightly swollen tootsies are the worst I've had to deal with thus far...BONUS!

We are getting closer to being able to work on Bean's room. My crib bedding came in yesterday and I could cry at how beautiful and perfect it is! I know, I know. It is nothing like any of the first ideas I had but we love it and I know Bean will look adorable surrounded by such pretty fabrics.



Tonight I go pick paint colors. Soon we'll begin painting and laying down the wood floors. I can't wait to post pictures of the before and after of this room.

=)

3 comments:

Fleur-de-lis and Flourishes said...

I am happy that you are feeling so good and the beddingis lovely Bec, I can't wait to see it in Beans room!

Lisa said...

"I don't have full on foot swell yet, but my ankles just googled the driving directions to Cankle Town so it shouldn't be long."

I think I just peed a little - so stinkin' hilarious!

Cheryl said...

Ah Bec, that is just gorgeous bedding. Can't wait to see a pic of lil' Bean all comfy, cozy admist all of that yummy goodness.

Cankle Town- Good grief girl, you do make me laugh...seriously...at least once a day....usually more.