Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby Belly @ 27 Weeks & Updates



So the foot swelling is not actually that bad. It hit me for 2 days then only popped up again once about a week later. Most of the time my feet are normal. Score another one on the "Awesome-est Pregnancy Ever" side.

I've gained about 10 or 11 lbs since the beginning of the pregnancy. And I still feel fine aside from a little lower back pain which is totally bearable.

I can't wait to post pictures of Bean's room. We've done so much to it but since it isn't quite ready I'll have to wait on the before and after photos. =)

The results of my initial glucose test revealed that my levels are just high enough to warrant further testing. Yay. I get to drink another dose of nasty orange sugar water and have blood drawn every hour for 3 hours. My doctor is very optimistic that this test will show everything is fine. I really appreciate him being so positive.

John and I really love my doctor. He answers every question soooo thoroughly, giving us best and worst case scenarios but careful to be extremely positive. He shares our views of C-sections, epidurals & induction. He says we should surround ourselves with people who share our positive outlook. Granted, I don't have any other OBY doctor to compare this one with, but if we leave ANY doctor's office feeling as encouraged as we did today...that doc gets a gold star!

2 comments:

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

I love seeing the belly!! I agree...surround yourself with people who make you feel good, life is too short!

Sarah Cook said...

I am so excited!!!!! You are doing such an amazing job and you deserve a wonderfully happy pregnancy! I love you and can not wait to hold my baby niece!