Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Few Good Things

Last night at dinner the waitress asks me when I'm due. I think "Oh here we go again with the 'you'll be miserable in August' comments from a stranger." My fist of death starts to twitch under the table. When I tell her my due date she says, "Wow, that is a hot time. But YOU'LL DO FINE! You'll forget about it before you know it!" She lives to see another day. I will remember her positive words forever.

On Monday I took an extended version of the glucose test that would screen me for gestational diabetes. This consists of fasting for the day followed by a very unfun 3.5 hour visit to the blood lab where they draw blood 4 times after giving you this orange sugar water that you have to drink quickly. *gag!* You can do nothing but hang around their office. No, you can't leave to go shopping at the plaza next door. No, you can't go home and take a nap. No, no, no, Rebecca! You just sit in the office and try not to burn off any glucose in between blood draws. I brought a book, a laptop & some cards to write out which made the experience more tolerable. So anyway, John and I and several of our dear friends, family and my coworkers prayed that my test would come out negative. Well the nurse called on Tuesday and confirmed that I have NO DIABETES! If anyone ever doubts the power of prayer...I'm here to tell ya that God DOES hear and DOES respond to our cries. Know this.

On Sunday my in-laws threw me a baby shower. Wow, what fun! Bean has soooo many cute outfits to wear now! All the guests were so sweet and it was great to spend time with several ladies I hadn't seen in a long time. The food was fabulous, the games were perfect, the decorations were adorable and I think everyone had a great time. I know I did.

As for me, my belly just keeps on growing. I feel more huge than I look. The weight gain is up to 15 lbs now. I think that is fine and the doc hasn't mentioned anything about me gaining too fast or slow. All is well.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad your test was negative. I failed that test with both pregnancies and it's so much more fun when you pass the test instead! Way to go God. Thanks for blessing Bec!