Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wooosh....was that a year that just flew by??

So today is our department holiday gift exchange & luncheon. I can't believe that this time last year I told my coworkers I was expecting a baby. Where has the time gone? It has been a blur.

I really wanted this to be the year MY gift would get passed around the most...the gift that people would brawl over, that lines would be drawn in the sand over, that duels would be initiated over. I wracked my brain for like 3 days trying to come up with the most clever gift these people had ever seen. And failed. My gift (Craftsman BBQ set that looks like a set of screwdrivers) wasn't traded at all and went home with the orginal recipient. Oh well. There's always next time.

You know, I really give props to my boss for doing this for us every Christmas. Especially this year when morale is extremely low for fear of layoffs. Well that's what happens when people elect a president who cancels the shuttle replacement program, leaving us all jobless in a year. Tis the season!

No comments: