Friday, December 4, 2009

Yay for Christmas!! (and other stuff)

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday for different reasons throughout the years. As a kid I loved the presents. As a young adult I loved the presents and the parties. In my 20's I loved the presents, the parties, time off from work and the decorations. Now in my 30's I love the time spent showing people how important they are to me. And this year is even better because John and I get to make Christmas special for our little one.

When she is our age and looks back at her life with her family, what traditions will she hold dear? Do we even have any as a little family of three? Well now is the time to make some! =)

So how is Brooklyn doing now, you might ask? At 20 weeks she is a pretty content little baby. Our friends and family say she is very good. We don't have a comparison, but that makes me happy to hear. *I* think she's good too. LOL. She seems to enjoy her world and smiles a ton. Let me tell you, there is little else that will light up your day quite as easily as when a baby smiles at you. I enjoy her very much. It is neat to see her skills and personality develop.

Right now she likes:
~ People
~ When we talk or sing to her
~ Sucking on her clothing or blankets
~ Burping like an adorable little trucker
~ Bath time
~ The lights on the Christmas tree
~ To squeak, squawk & babble
~ Mornings
~ Smiling
~ Pulling herself to a standing position when you hold her little hands
~ Rolling around from side to side
~ Being awesome

Right now she's not so much into:
~ Being over tired (who does?!)
~ Being on her belly, although she's able to hold her top 1/2 up now, so tummy time is getting better.

No comments: