Thursday, April 14, 2011

The fruit of our labor

The other night we were all sitting on the couch having some sherbet. I was sharing mine with baby girl. She took the spoon from me and said "I do it." Then she dipped her spoon into my bowl and, rather than feed herself, she put the spoon in *my* mouth. As I ate from her spoon, she said "Good girl, Mommy." After every spoon full I would hear her praise my job well done in the sweetest little voice God ever made.

I guess all the celebrating we do over HER jobs well done is really catching on. Yay us!

3 comments:

Fleur-de-lis and Flourishes said...

I heart this story ~ give sweet little Brooklyn a kiss from her cyber auntie! Wat to go John and Rebecca - isn't it great to see the loving parenting reflected back at you through the eyes of your child?

Rebecca said...

Patti, it really is pretty cool!

Four Lease Ranch said...

Ahh, how sweet!