Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pre-Natal Mother's Day

I totally did not share any of the events from Mother's Day. When I came home from church that Sunday morning, John and Bean had a nice surprise waiting for me: a card and some "I Love Mommy" bibs and burp cloths. John swears Bean put him up to it and that he had really no say in what was done that day, except to help her write the card since she's...well...currently incapable of holding a pen. He's so cute.

I also got some really great cards from my mom and mother-in-law.

It's kind of weird for me though because I don't feel like a mother. Yeah, I'm growing life in me as we speak but for right now it is more like a biological process than a maternal thing. I don't have any control over what is happening. My body has taken over and is doing what God programmed it to do. Now once the baby is born and I've had a chance to do some mothering maybe I'll settle more comfortably into the title of Mother.

It's still sweet thought...all the effort they put into making my day special.

No comments: