Monday, June 29, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends....

So Saturday this marvelous baby shower was thrown in my honor. I was tickled and humbled by the effort of my friends Paige, Krissy & Lisa. I know they worked hard to put it together and to me it went off without a hitch. Fun times, fun times! And a huge thanks to my mom and sister for the fabulous cake. The only problem with it was that I couldn't get enough into my face! =)

The turn out was amazing. Women came from near and far to help us prepare for the arrival of our little one. I'll never forget my friend Kailah having come all the way from Jacksonville, FL to represent a group of online friends that I've made over the last 2 or so years - most of whom I've NEVER met in person. Their group gift was so touching...a scrapbook album filled with pages made by each girl and ready for me to add pictures of OUR sweet girl. Words for this gift escape me.

There were so many other memorable gifts but more than that, the people who were there to support us really surprised me. There were women from my workplace that I don't even know very well. There were women who are only connected to me by being relatives of my friends. And there were many loving women from my church. So rather than focus on who wasn't there (my own extended family) my heart is warmed by so many friends who love and care for John and I.

No comments: