Friday, March 19, 2010

8 Month Update

Okay Brooklyn, so you are really starting to grow some hair. I looked at pictures of you from Christmas, only 3 short months ago, and I can definitely see the difference.

You are sitting up really well. Occassionally you fall backwards so we prop you up in the corner of your crib to play. You are also eating very well. You seem to like veggies more than the fruit right now, which is fine by me! You love to hold carrot sticks in your little hand and slurp on them. I don't let you do this for very long because I'm afraid you'll gum off a little carrot chunk and choke. I'd like to start putting apple slices in a mesh teething baggie and let you go to town. Maybe this weekend.

You check everything out...and I mean EVERYTHING. You love to smile. You say mama. You do patty cake, which is really just the baby version of 'give me 5'. You get excited about most things and start kicking your legs around when you see new people. You are babbling a lot. You've been making a cute little bulldog face where you scrunch up your mouth and nose and breathe in and out really quickly, then smile. It's hilarious. You also smile after you sneeze when we say "God bless you!" You've also taken to squealing. I guess John and I shouldn't laugh because that only encourages it, but it's so darn cute. For now. You get super moody when you are too tired. But honestly...who doesn't?

As for toys that you love right now, you are fascinated with your glow worms, purse, & stuffed pony. Your eyes light up when Daddy brings you the white fluffy teddy bear with the yellow ribbon. It's almost as big as you but you reach out to hug it and promptly put it's bow in your mouth.

As for height & weight, I am guessing here but I think you are 23" tall and maybe 17 lbs? You were 16 lbs in January.

All in all, we love having you around. I think about you all day long. I race home from work to go pick you up so I can hug you and smell your sweet baby-ness. I know your daddy feels the same way. We can't believe how much you've changed our lives for the better. And we had pretty awesome lives before, so you can imagine how much better things are...next to heavenly. =)

**** Correction ****
We weighed and measured Brooklyn today (3/20/2010) and I was way off on the guess. She's 19 lbs and 26" tall with a 4" foot.

1 comment:

Fleur-de-lis and Flourishes said...

This puts huge happies in my heart!