Friday, December 19, 2008

Dear Littlest Bassett Baby

We haven't been officially introduced, I'm your dad! You'll have to bear with me a bit, I'm really new at all of this but I promise to give you my absolute best. Even though I am new at being a father myself I feel like I walk in the shadow of giants thanks to the example your granddad has given me. Luckily for us both, he is around to continue to be an example. I cant wait to hold you for the first time. I know that you will be so little and I'll be so nervous but we'll both be alright. I can't promise that things will always be easy and I am sure I will make you mad but always know that through good and bad I will always love you, protect you and support you unconditionally. Understand that I love your mom more then life itself and because we have so much love for each other we wanted to share it with you. You are our special blessing from God and I am so thankful He has given us the responsibility of taking care of you. I still can't believe that you'll be joining us so soon. I bet you'll be beautiful like your mom! Life is going to be so great with you in it. Sure we will all have to learn so much but we have each other and family and friends that love us. We'll do just fine. Being a Dad is going to be such a blessing. I truly cant wait. It was great talking with you and we will definitely chat more later.

Love Always,
Dad

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for a good cry in the middle of the day. >:( B3 will love this as soon as he can read... which he prolly needs eyes first... :)

Fleur-de-lis and Flourishes said...

Oh John; I'm wellin for sure. Butter Bean is so lucky to have for a daddy!

Rebecca said...

Good cry is right. Try "heaving sobs"

Anonymous said...

OH wow, could we put Tissue Alerts on these posts please! John, that was beautiful and B3 is certainly blessed to have such wonderful parents already.

Priscilla said...

That was very sweet..it made me cry too. I hope you have printed that out and have it safe in a scrapbook some where :) thanks for inviting me to your blog. I will check back often.
Priscilla
(aka priscillastyles)