Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Telling my family

As you can imagine, mom was super excited and just in utter shock to hear the news of Butter Bean Bassett (B3). Sarah welled up immediately and was speechless for like a whole minute. Watch the reaction here as they open their cards:




Photobucket


Then we called Heather in Portland because none of us could really wait for her to receive and open her Christmas package. I love hearing the reactions because people experience the same process John and I went through as our brain wrapped around the news: First joyful surprise, then shock, back to joy, then 3 days later you are still like "Is this for real? No way that just happened." Yep, Heather did the same thing. It was so cute. She was very excited, to say the least.

Then I called my dad. He giggled like a little girl saying "That is so cool!" I wish I had a recording of his reaction. So precious.

Well, I think John is getting more and more anxious for his parents to know. The plan moved from "lets wait until Christmas" to "let's tell them this Friday" to a phone call a few minutes ago "let's tell them tonight!" I'm so on board with telling them tonight! Then on Saturday my extended family is getting together and there we will tell Grandma, Aunt, Cousins & 2nd Cousins. Woopieeeeeeee!

This is the BEST WEEK EVER.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm crying... how sweet!