Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So Glad Monday Is Over

We went to my appointment yesterday to have the doc confirm what we already knew. Yes, we are most definitely with child.

On the way back out to the car, John could tell something was up with me. Remember, I had been battling those crazy thoughts all day. He asked me what was wrong. I shared my mental struggles. He says that yes, we might have thought our life was perfect before, but now it will be perfect with a baby. We'll get over the shock of it and eventually it will become normal to us like life is now. His encouragement made me instantly feel better. I'm so glad to be on this journey with him. His support is worth more than gold.

Our next step is to make an appt with a new OB/GYN doctor. I'm calling for an appt today. I know it's the week before Christmas but I'd really love an ultrasound picture to show off at Christmas. We'll see how fast they can get this show on the road.

We are waiting until Christmas to tell our families. And here is the plan for the 'big reveal'. The pictures I took of us on Saturday with the test showing positive will be printed along with a bracelet I'm making for my mom that says "Grandma". These items will be put in a box and wrapped with beautiful paper. For my sister Sarah I'm making a bracelet that says Aunt Sarah. That will also be wrapped and under the tree. When they come over for our traditional Christmas morning breakfast and gift exchange, they will both open their boxes together. I can't wait to see their faces. I'll have someone running video to capture the moment. My other sister in Oregon is getting her Aunt Heather bracelet in the mail so I have to trust she won't open it until Christmas.

John is waiting until Christmas night to tell his family. It is very important to him that this news NOT leak out at all until Christmas evening dinner. I really want to honor his request. But it's really hard for me because people that I work with and go to church with know his parents & brother. That means I can't tell ANYONE! And I'm dying. I actually think it is literally killing me. Tomorrow my work is having our potluck lunch. That would be the perfect time while the whole group is together to make an announcement. I may still do it, but with a strong warning to those who know my in-laws that I will take their life if they spill the beans.

Hey, I'm allowed to be crazy. I'm a pregnant lady!

No comments: