Thursday, December 18, 2008

Telling his family

So we told John's folks last night at Mimi's restaurant. I'm so glad John abandoned the whole 'let's wait til Christmas' farce. Neither of us can keep a great secret for very long. Who were we really fooling? Not even ourselves. Exactly.

Anyway, I bought a onsie that said "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" and wrapped it in a Christmas bag with pictures of the pregnancy test. It took Linda a minute to comprehend but we could see the light bulb go off. It was so precious. I have it on video and will upload it later. John's dad wanted to stand up in the restaurant and ask for all the patron's attention as he shared the news. I wish he would have. That would have been SO COOL.

*** Update: Here's the video***


My sister wants to know when we can start shopping. I'm not really into buying baby stuff yet. As I was picking out the onsie I felt so out of my element even being in the baby section. I'm sure eventually I'll want to go crazy on baby supplies. Right now we don't have anywhere to put anything. So higher on my list of priorities is getting rid of useless crap we've been hanging onto forever. I've already dumped 2 big bags of clothing and I have a huge box of scrap supplies that I'm going to offer to some friends. I'd really love to have a 4 bedroom house rather than try and figure out how to stuff a baby & all the accessories into our condo. As I prayed for God to open that door, I heard from 2 people in 2 days of nice houses currently in foreclosure. Hmmmmm. Interesting.

Another thing to think about is what to do with the dog. Ugh. I don't even want to imagine how hard it will be to relocate a dog with an attitude problem. Anyone want a persnickety 8 year old Jack Russell Terrier who growls, snarls & bites the hand that feeds him, wants to fight with every other dog when on a leash, eats cats, follows you around the house to the point where you either step on him or trip over him constantly, and goes crazy when you vacuum or flush a toilet or turn on a flashlight or have visitors? You sure? He's really really cute.

5 comments:

J.Winfield said...

You could do what my Dad always did. Put the dog in a brown bag and dump him off at the local forest.

Rebecca said...

He's too fat to survive long in the wild. =)

Rebecca said...

Um, did your dad really do that???

Lisa said...

NO! He didn't... not in a brown bag. Is there a Jack Russell rescue something or other around?

Lisa said...

There are no forests in Kansas.