Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thoughts & Vents

Bean @ 7 weeks 4 days, you've got a little boodah belly going on now. It's kinda cute. Your head still looks like a beluga whale and you are finally sprouting arm nubs, but I'm sure when you are done cooking you'll be way adorable.

I'm getting excited about the appointment next week. I've heard from other moms that we will probably hear the heart beat. I can't help but wonder if there are 2 babies in there incubating. It is a possibility, you know. John's family has 2 or 3 sets of twins. My family has twins but way back in my great-grandmother's generation. Anything is possible.

The lesson I'm trying to learn now is who to talk to about pregnancy things. I've gotten some really great input from several girls whom I love dearly. They understand that every pregnancy is vastly different and are careful not to dictate or try and freak me out. I so appreciate that. Then there are the random idiots who insist that, like them, I'll have the worst most complicated pregnancy ever, that I'll detest being pregnant, and are quick to dismiss my positive outlook as naivete. I resent that like you wouldn't believe. So rather than punch them in the neck like I want to, I come here and vent it out. After all, I DO like having a job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beluga Whale...bwah ha ha. Bec, you just keel me.

God will give you what you need, when you need it. That includes Mommy feelings too. Hugs, C

Fleur-de-lis and Flourishes said...

Becs, the sound of your babys heartbeat is one of the most comforting sounds you'll ever hear! It's like ButterBean is saying "I'm here mom, and doing great"

Side bar: If anyone ever bums you out too bad, let me know and I'll make the trek down from "no mans land" and neck punch them for you!

Carolyn said...

Hi Rebecca, How are you? I know you don't know me much yet, but I am more than happy to talk to you about whatever weighs on your mind. Pregnancy or whatever else. I am not perfect, and I don't always say the right thing, but I always try to help and be compassionate. We have four kids, and YES, all pregnancies are different. My first one was awesome. Felt great, looked pretty good. I didn't want to have him because I loved being pregnant so much. The second one, I was not so lucky, and it was a very long 9 months. It does end though and the outcome will far outweigh any discomfort during pregnancy. If you have any problems in your pregnancy or even just want to know something, I am happy to try to answer. I have had so many experiences, I may be able to help you out or even ease your mind. If it didn't happen to me, I may know of someone it did happen to. No question is dumb, and I just adore babies. I love to talk about them, see them, hold them. You are ready to have the time of your life. Even if you have some bad times in your pregnancy, write down what you can. It is just so nice to read later on down the road. BTW, morning sickness is healthy, so don't worry if you do have it. Aches and pains, frequent bathroom trips, hunger all the time. Eat small meals frequently. Keep crackers or bland snack by your bed and eat a few before you get out of bed in the morning. I could go on and on about tips and tricks to help with some of the discomforts. I hope that you enjoy every single second of your pregnancy and keep your positive attitude. It does make a difference. Take good care...Carolyn