Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Walking the Walk

So I'm coming to terms with how aggravated I get when behind the wheel. People are just so selfish. They don't mind inconveniencing the whole world if it means they can make that last minute turn across 3 lanes of traffic. It would be so much easier (and less DANGEROUS) if you would just pass your turn, make the next one, double back, and not be an idiot. Normally when I experience the side effect of Idiot Driver (who just has to catch the light so they scoot out and block a lane in the middle of an intersection when I have a green light) I mutter, fume and then go on about my business.

My muttering & fuming doesn't bother me. Maybe it should, but it doesn't. Well...until now. I think "One day I'm going to have a kid in that back seat and they will certainly think their mom is Hater-Of-All-People." Then I start to wonder - do I hate all people? Well that would just be silly. Of course not. I certainly dislike a lot of what people do.

So I can already see God working in us by way of Bean. This little baby is turning my inner world upside down and she doesn't even know it. You can't raise a kid by faking the funk. You have to know the walk and walk the walk in order to teach the walk to others. Hmmm. I used to worry about not having what it takes to teach my child to follow God. It's really easy though. If you truly are following God with all you have then it should be a cinch to demonstrate that to the kids.

No comments: