Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sweet email from my Mom

I adore my Mom's memories of her grandmother. Great Grandma Sarah was a precious woman. I have my own dear memories of her, but wanted to post this touching email from 1st-time-Grandma-to-be.

Rebecca, I think about you and John and the little butter bean all the time. You and John are going to be such GREAT parents!!!

I pray I will be at least as good of a grandmother as my grandmother was. I wish you girls would have had more time with her before she got dementia. She taught Gail and me how to sew and used to take us to plays in Chicago when we were young. She didn't drive so we would take the bus from where they lived into Chicago and we would always stop and get a real expensive box of chocolates for us to eat during the plays. Of course we all took turns spending summers with them in Illinois. I used to get to stay up late and watch Johnny Carson with them every night. They only had a 1 bedroom apartment in Illinois. And then a 2 bedroom house in Lighthouse Point, FL. My bed in their little apartment consisted of the pullout couch... that's why I got to stay up late and watch TV.

I can hardly wait to meet my grandchild. This is so very exciting for me. Remember if you have any questions, I've been through 3 pregnancies of my own and I still have the pediatric medical background. If I don't know the answer I can certainly find out. Like if you get constipated, eat lots of pineapple.

I love you,

Mom

2 comments:

Fleur-de-lis and Flourishes said...

You are so very blessed to have such a wonderful mother and butterbean is gonna just love her!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! I loved how touching it was, then the pineapple comment!