Monday, February 9, 2009

Preggie Update

So I'm into my 13th week now. Wow, seriously? Am I already 1/3rd of the way there? Things are going pretty good. I still burp a lot (which to me is REALLY gross!) but considering what other gals endure, I'll take burping over yakking any day.

I don't show yet. I don't know how most women feel about that part, but I welcome it. At least if your belly appears pregnant then people wouldn't look at you like you are an idiot when you play the pregnancy card. Which I've only had to do twice.

For instance, during our vacation to Lake Tahoe John, Amy and I went on a snow mobile trip. Afterwards the bus driver wanted to herd us all back onto the bus like there was a fire he had to get to. Well Amy and I needed to go to the bathroom. He made all the men get out of the bathroom line and foolishly tried to tell us we needed to hold it til we got back to the resort (30 minutes away.) I said, in a less than gentle tone, "There are two pregnant ladies that WILL use this bathroom BEFORE we get back on that bus!" He rolled his eyes but let us go. Now if I had a big ol' belly to stick in his face there would be no eye roll. There probably wouldn't have been any snow mobile ride either but that is totally beside the point.

I have my 2nd OB appointment on 2/19. I don't know what they'll do but I've learned I'll be seeing doc once a month for the next several months. I imagine he'll measure stuff, weigh me (yippeee...not) and ask if I have questions. Which I don't. I think I'll get to hear the heart beat again. That part is neat.

So, all in all, it's been a pretty smooth pregnancy. Would I do this again? Based on what I've experienced so far - heck yes.

No comments: