Thursday, February 12, 2009

Preparations - Getting My Learn On!

We learned in our homegroup last night about preparing for the things God will accomplish through you by way of prayer. This theme is also coming at me through a book I've recently started reading about studying the bible. Before starting any task you have to prepare...make sure you have all the information or ingredients you need, make sure you understand the directions and have appropriate safety equipment if needed.

Well John heard from a friend that our hospital offers baby classes. I checked it out and three of them interest me: "Baby Care", "Baby-Friendly Breastfeeding" and "Prepared Childbirth Crash Course". At first when he told me, I admit I was skeptical. I mean, I feel like some of this stuff I will have already learned from books and family and online resources. However, the message of preparation kept playing in my head. Plus John sounded super excited about attending. He said "Don't make me go to these classes alone because I'll do it!" As funny as that image in my head is, I thought that since babies DON'T come with a manual it might be better to learn what I can before Bean arrives.

No comments: