Monday, February 2, 2009

We're Baaaaaack...

...from our ski trip and boy oh boy God sure made a beautiful planet. Snow-capped mountains, majestic pine trees so thick with snow that you wonder how the branches don't break off, clear zephyr skies....*sigh*...just breathtaking.

John skied several days. I got a massage at the spa. We went snowmobiling. I took many many pictures. We rode the ski gondola up to 11,000 ft elevation. We ate at several great places, some not so great. I soaked in the jacuzzi tub in my room. It was a vacation well worth the six-month anticipation. And it didn't fly by either. It was the perfect blend of adventure and relaxation. My favorite part was the view.

I really appreciate this world we live in and hope to see more of it. It is also my hope that John and I are able to share our sense of adventure with Bean. Some kids are afraid to try new things, and yeah I'm sure it has a lot to do with how their parents react to new experiences. I think baby is getting a good head start, having us for parents. Bean's dad has gone sky diving, bungee jumping and we are both scuba divers. We love to travel and experience new things.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Perfect song for this post. LOL!!! Glad you're back. Cynthia was missing you especially. :)